- 31-Mar-2017 to 30-May-2017 (EST)
- Westwood, MA, USA
- Full Time
Springwell is seeking Health Coaches to implement an exciting new program with a contracted health partner. This position will work closely with adult patients who suffer from chronic illnesses to guide them through a process of behavior change to improve their health and ability to manage their illness.
It would be all telephonic from our Westwood office.
Responsible for outreach to and coaching of patients around changing health behaviors. Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: Reach out to adult patients (18+ years old) via mail, phone or email to explain the intervention and engage them to participate; assess patients' level of motivation and help them to identify meaningful goals which will positively impact their health; provide disease-related education; identify strengths; encourage self-management skills; utilize motivational interviewing techniques to promote positive behavior change; make referrals to other population health programs or community resources, as needed; document interactions and progress in software system and medical record; communicate with patient's primary care team, as needed; and collect data to assess program outcomes.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to engage and collaborate well with a wide variety of people
- Comfortable learning new software applications.
- Coaching/counseling/teaching experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Motivational Interviewing preferred.
- Familiarity with medical issues and terminology preferred.
- 3 weeks of vacation in first year
- Birthday off
- 11 paid holidays
- 2 paid floating holidays
- 15 paid sick days per year (You can accumulate up to 450 hours)
- Health & dental insurance with employer contribution
- Life and long-term disability insurance at no cost to employee
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan w/ employer contribution
- Mileage reimbursement
- 4-day work week option for many positions
- Employee referral bonuses
- Free parking
- Commitment to promoting from within
At Springwell, we are serious about our mission. For more than 37 years, our staff has worked to help ensure that seniors and individuals with disabilities have the village they need and the support that is necessary for them to live at home with dignity and independence.
We are also serious about our employees. We are focused on creating a supportive, open environment that values the people who make a difference - each, and every member of our staff.
We believe in:
- Accountability: At every level of the organization we are accountable: to the people we serve, to our funders, to our employees, to community professionals who rely on our support.
- Continuous Quality Improvement: We honor the fact that each of us is human, and we embrace a desire to examine the value and quality of our work and ask how we can provide a higher quality of service.
- Transparency: While we don't claim to be 100% transparent (there are certain things, like salaries and performance evaluations that are private) we continuously strive to be as open as possible.
- Balance: Life is a give and take, as is work. We are always examining that balance. Today, we have yoga classes on-site twice a week. We are exploring offering a Weight Watchers meeting. And afternoon meditation is under consideration. If there is a holiday to celebrate we have a party. This year, we built a dedicated lactation room for new moms. We are committed to listening to our staff, and examining and re-balancing our work environment.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!