- 27-Mar-2017 to 26-May-2017 (EST)
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Full Time
Springwell is seeking a dedicated, compassionate individual to work with family caregivers.
The Caregiver Specialist is in the unique position to help those who provide care make informed decisions, solve problems, reduce stress, and maintain overall physical and emotional health.
The Caregiver Specialist will meet with individual or multiple family caregivers to identify and communicate their role in the care of a loved one. Consultations with caregivers often include an assessment of care-giving needs, suggestions about resource options, and follow-up assistance.
The Caregiver Specialist will also conduct outreach and make presentations about the program as well as represent Springwell at community events.
Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or related field preferred.
Social Worker license preferred.
At least two years of experience working with caregivers, elders or adults with disabilities.
Ability to conduct presentations to community groups.
- A reliable car, current driver's license and safe driving record required.
- 3 weeks of vacation in first year
- Birthday off
- 11 paid holidays
- 2 paid floating holidays
- 15 paid sick days per year (You can accumulate up to 450 hours)
- Health & dental insurance with employer contribution
- Life and long-term disability insurance at no cost to employee
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan w/ employer contribution
- Mileage reimbursement
- 4-day work week option for many positions
- Employee referral bonuses
- Free parking
- Commitment to promoting from within
At Springwell, we are serious about our mission. For more than 37 years, our staff has worked to help ensure that seniors and individuals with disabilities have the village they need and the support that is necessary for them to live at home with dignity and independence.
We are also serious about our employees. We are focused on creating a supportive, open environment that values the people who make a difference - each, and every member of our staff.
We believe in:
- Accountability: At every level of the organization we are accountable: to the people we serve, to our funders, to our employees, to community professionals who rely on our support.
- Continuous Quality Improvement: We honor the fact that each of us is human, and we embrace a desire to examine the value and quality of our work and ask how we can provide a higher quality of service.
- Transparency: While we don't claim to be 100% transparent (there are certain things, like salaries and performance evaluations that are private) we continuously strive to be as open as possible.
- Balance: Life is a give and take, as is work. We are always examining that balance. Today, we have yoga classes on-site twice a week. We are exploring offering a Weight Watchers meeting. And afternoon meditation is under consideration. If there is a holiday to celebrate we have a party. This year, we built a dedicated lactation room for new moms. We are committed to listening to our staff, and examining and re-balancing our work environment.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!