- 11-Apr-2017 to 10-May-2017 (EST)
- Waltham, MA, USA
- Part Time
Springwell is looking for a Part-Time Floating Nutrition Assistant to cover daily operations of the Nutrition Department, providing hunger relief to elders in the suburbs West of Boston.
Duties may include, but are not limited to: meal delivery to elders, serving meals at elder lunch sites, and other projects as assigned.
This position offers $13.00/hour for a 20-hour work week: Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. and includes paid holiday, vacation and sick time and is eligible for benefits. Mileage is included when a home delivered meal route is covered.
- A reliable car, current driver's license, and safe driving record required.
- Must be able to lift 20lbs.
- Must be flexible, able to work independently, friendly, and enjoy working with elders.
- Some experience with elders, preferred.
- Knowledge of geographic area a plus.
At Springwell, we are serious about our mission. For more than 37 years, our staff has worked to help ensure that seniors and individuals with disabilities have the village they need and the support that is necessary for them to live at home with dignity and independence.
We are also serious about our employees. We are focused on creating a supportive, open environment that values the people who make a difference - each, and every member of our staff.
We believe in:
- Accountability: At every level of the organization we are accountable: to the people we serve, to our funders, to our employees, to community professionals who rely on our support.
- Continuous Quality Improvement: We honor the fact that each of us is human, and we embrace a desire to examine the value and quality of our work and ask how we can provide a higher quality of service.
- Transparency: While we don't claim to be 100% transparent (there are certain things, like salaries and performance evaluations that are private) we continuously strive to be as open as possible.
- Balance: Life is a give and take, as is work. We are always examining that balance. Today, we have yoga classes on-site twice a week. We are exploring offering a Weight Watchers meeting. And afternoon meditation is under consideration. If there is a holiday to celebrate we have a party. This year, we built a dedicated lactation room for new moms. We are committed to listening to our staff, and examining and re-balancing our work environment.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!