Springwell is looking for a Protective Services Worker to be part of its dynamic team committed to assisting elders experiencing abuse, exploitation, neglect, or self-neglect. The PSW investigates reported allegations and then, if there is reason to substantiate abuse or neglect, provides interventions to alleviate further risk.
* This position has a $1,000.00 SIGN-ON BONUS!!!
A Protective Services Worker investigates reports of abuse, neglect, exploitation, or self-neglect of elders. A PSW must create and maintain rapport with the client, and with their consent complete an impartial and timely investigation, often involving reluctant participants.
The PSW intervenes in crisis situations, arranges for services to alleviate risk, participates in interdisciplinary case conferences, works closely with their supervisor on investigation and services planning, and just as important, maintains accurate, complete, and timely case records.
- Master's degree in Social Work or related field with one year experience in counseling or case management; or a Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related field with two years experience in counseling or case management.
- Experience with crisis intervention, elders, and/or investigations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with reluctant participants.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, multi-task, meet deadlines, and maintain confidentiality.
- 3 weeks of vacation in first year
- Birthday off
- 11 paid holidays
- 2 paid floating holidays
- 15 paid sick days per year (You can accumulate up to 450 hours)
- Health & dental insurance with employer contribution
- Life and long-term disability insurance at no cost to employee
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan w/ employer contribution
- Mileage reimbursement
- 4-day work week option for many positions
- Employee referral bonuses
- Free parking
- Commitment to promoting from within
At Springwell, we are serious about our mission. For more than 37 years, our staff has worked to help ensure that seniors and individuals with disabilities have the village they need and the support that is necessary for them to live at home with dignity and independence.
We are also serious about our employees. We are focused on creating a supportive, open environment that values the people who make a difference - each, and every member of our staff.
We believe in:
- Accountability: At every level of the organization we are accountable: to the people we serve, to our funders, to our employees, to community professionals who rely on our support.
- Continuous Quality Improvement: We honor the fact that each of us is human, and we embrace a desire to examine the value and quality of our work and ask how we can provide a higher quality of service.
- Transparency: While we don't claim to be 100% transparent (there are certain things, like salaries and performance evaluations that are private) we continuously strive to be as open as possible.
- Balance: Life is a give and take, as is work. We are always examining that balance. Today, we have yoga classes on-site twice a week. We are exploring offering a Weight Watchers meeting. And afternoon meditation is under consideration. If there is a holiday to celebrate we have a party. This year, we built a dedicated lactation room for new moms. We are committed to listening to our staff, and examining and re-balancing our work environment.
with our quick 3 minute Application!
Sign Up For Job Alerts!